Whereas the last century was largely defined by industrial development, because of these megatrends the next 100 years will be defined by sustainable development. You may for a moment want to consider the following predictions;
We recognize that our activities in the construction industry may have an impact on the environment and to minimize this impact we recognize that environmental protection and prevention of pollution as an important part of our business operations. We routinely identify, monitor and address our environmental impacts by setting and meeting the following objectives:
IBB Environmental Policy Statement
At IBB we are and shall remain committed to:
• Developing, revising and improving, where practical, processes and procedures to ensure environmental risks are reduced and best practice is adopted.
• Fostering the commitment of all management and staff towards improving the environmental performance of the business.
• Encouraging the adoption of similar environmental standards from all stakeholders involved in our business.
• Ensuring staff are kept abreast of current environmental issues and initiatives through training and regular communications.
• Reducing, reusing and recycling materials and resources where possible
• Seeking to prevent pollution through effective control of emissions to air, water and land, waste management, raw materials and natural resources.